close
close

Pune News: Over 50 students hospitalized after eating food at Coaching Centre; probe on

Key points

• More than 50 students in Pune are suffering from food poisoning

• Symptoms developed after eating dinner at the coaching center

• Police launched an investigation and food samples were sent for testing

Located in Kadus village, about 55 km from Pune City, the coaching center serves around 600 students between the ages of 18 and 20, with 400 boys and 200 girls actively involved in their exam preparations.

According to Inspector Rajkumar Kendre of Khed police station, in the early hours of Saturday, after dinner served on Friday evening, the students suddenly experienced symptoms including headache, nausea, diarrhea, fever and body aches.

Action was taken quickly and sixty students were immediately hospitalized for medical attention. As of Sunday morning, eight students remain under observation at the hospital, although they are said to be in stable condition.

The authorities have wasted no time in launching a thorough investigation into the matter. Statements of both students and officials of the Dakshana Foundation have been recorded and samples of the food served have been sent for testing. The results of food inspectors are eagerly awaited to determine the exact cause of the food poisoning incident.

The safety and well-being of students is paramount, and the authorities are leaving no stone unturned to ensure a speedy resolution to this worrying situation.

Podar preparation